Suppliers - Sourcing and Supply Chains
Every day, ALDI sells thousands of products through its stores worldwide. A number of these products and their raw materials are sourced from the global market, ALDI takes responsibility for the people throughout its supply chain, with particular emphasis on ethical working conditions at production facilities manufacturing our products.
Our CR Principles
As part of our CR Principles ALDI's binding Social Standards in Production define our ethical guidelines, which are also included in all of our procurement contracts.
As direct business partners we expect our suppliers to comply with the ALDI Social Standards in Production and to ensure these are adhered to by their suppliers along the supply chain.
Our social standards are based on:
- The United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- The UN Conventions on the Rights of the Child
- The UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women
- The International Labour Organisation (ILO) Conventions and
- The OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
Among other aspects, these condemn any form of forced or child labour, workplace discrimination, and demand regulated payroll and working time management in compliance with national or international laws and standards, as well as freedom of assembly and collective bargaining.